Personal information is not sold to any entity. Some personal information is shared with PayPal, Inc. (see next paragraph). Your email addresses and phone numbers are never given to telemarketers, or “email spammers.”
All credit card and personal profile information provided to YES Institute or our credit card payment processing gateway, PayPal, Inc., is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and is a proven coding system that allows a browser to automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before it is sent. We use GoDaddy as our SSL Certificate Authority.
YES Institute also protects account information by placing it on a secure portion of the our web server, that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of YES Institute. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. YES Institute strives to protect your information, however cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
If you have an Account, you may review and edit your Personal Data by logging in and updating the information directly or by contacting us. Contact us if you have questions about your Account information or other Personal Data. If you wish to see the information that we have collected, simply request that and we will provide it within 72 business hours.
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our center, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and you Account information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data that is shared with a third-party based on an account connection that you have authorized.
If you wish to be removed from our email list(s), or our database, or if you wish to discontinue correspondence by email, we will promptly unsubscribe you upon notification. The following Code of Ethics is the foundation of how we treat you, your information and the data we collect and store.
YES Institute Code of Ethics
- To value the worth and dignity of every person and treat every person with respect.
- To honor the privilege of any confidentiality given to them or made accessible to them through their participation with YES Institute.
- To sustain the highest ethical conduct and integrity in all interactions with both youth and adults.
- To distinguish between personal values and beliefs and the goals and objectives of YES Institute when representing YES Institute.
- To consult with YES Institute staff or board members when concerned about the quality of programs, services, or operations related to YES Institute.
- To serve all people equally and having no basis for discrimination.
- To create opportunities that allow our community to fully participate in actively making a difference in the lives of all youth.