Our Internship Program is currently on a case-by-case basis, due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic. If we can fulfill the requirements of your internship program and make it work, we are interested in partnering with you!
You should know that we are currently not operating from our office. All of our work in the community and all of our internal and external meetings are online, primarily using Zoom or some other videoconferencing format. When we return to operating in our physical office, our internship program will be back in full swing! Please continue to check back here for updates or call our office. And you are welcome to complete the Intern Application at anytime.
Internships with YES Institute provide opportunities to contribute to our groundbreaking work and receive training in our powerful models of communication and education.
Taking Communications Solutions™ provided me with an entirely new approach to conflict resolution. It taught me not to collapse “having a voice” with combative aggression. I have faith that my internship with YES Institute will provide me with the opportunities to live and communicate authentically. – FALL 2018 High School Intern
An internship with YES Institute affords you the opportunity to work closely with our dynamic and committed staff on projects that highlight and develop your specific talents and interests.
There will be a limited number of positions for each Internship. Please apply as soon as you can, so you can be considered, and participate in our required Communication Solutions™ or Communication Toolbox training and orientation.
- Visual Arts Production – Create infographics, flyers, brochures, and graphics for our courses. Almost everything we do needs a graphic artist!
- Social Media Strategist – create videos and posts for all of our Social Media Channels
- Curriculum Research & Development – We are constantly looking at the content of courses so that we are on the cutting edge of knowledge on gender and orientation.
- Survey Data Collection & Analysis – Using a real-time digital survey and polling app, support collecting all the data we use to report on the results of our work. Learn how to analyze data.
- Administration & Operations – Get developed in the “behind the scenes” structures needed to support everything that happens in our work.
- Operations & Logistics – assist with our Administrative Manager, and our Facilitators in the community to deliver our work.
- Marketing, Branding and Press Relations – assist with developing our marketing, and press release strategy, branding, and communications. – Download/View the Marketing Intern Flyer.
- Video Production – Download/View the Digital Media Internship Flyer
The 2021 Winter Semester program is on a case-by-case basis at this time. Please complete the Internship Application and we will be in communication with you! Please check back here for an update.
All interns must have completed either our course Communication Solutions™ (CS) or our Communication Toolbox (CT) course. The next scheduled CT course date is November 14, 2020. This course provides access to a model of communication that is at the foundation of all our work. You must have either completed or be registered to complete either CS or CT prior to beginning your YES Institute internship. All of our Upcoming Courses schedule can be seen here. This is an unpaid internship.