Upcoming Dates & Registration Fees:
February 22, 2020
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Adults - $170
Students - $100
Mental Health and Nursing Licensed Professionals - $220 for 8 CE Units
Florida Certification Board License Holders - $170 for 8 CE Units
What is required to “be a man” in today’s world? Is it possible to be seen as “feminine” and “strong” simultaneously, without sacrificing authenticity? What parts of you have you dismissed, downplayed, or stripped away to fit traditional expectations around masculinity and femininity?
Masculinity is typically viewed simply as the predominant position of privilege and power. Femininity, in contrast, is often pegged as fragile or “less than.” In this interactive course, we will examine the profound impact those traditional notions have on individuals. Among youth, efforts to embody the current ideals can range from merely stressful to drastic and life-altering.
How can we get to a healthy masculinity, not based on power? What if femininity were defined by strength rather than beauty? Be part of creating new definitions that can grant everyone a new level of freedom, safety, and connection.
Who should take this course:
- Youth and families impacted by stereotyped notions of masculinity and femininity.
- Business leaders tasked with addressing masculine power and privilege in the workplace.
- Healthcare professionals who witness the damaging effects of youth striving to achieve unrealistic “ideal” masculinity or “ideal” femininity.
- Educators faced with managing extreme—sometimes violent—demonstrations of masculinity in school environments.
- Faith leaders uncertain how to relate to community members amid shifting definitions of masculinity and femininity.
To get notified of our next course dates, subscribe to our list.