Upcoming Dates & Registration Fees:
January 17, 2020
9:00am - 5:00pm
Adults - $170
Students - $100
Mental Health and Nursing Licensed Professionals - $220 for 8 CE Units
Florida Certification Board License Holders - $170 for 8 CE Units
More and more young people are expressing gender and orientation in unexpected ways. How do we keep up? What’s behind the explosion of new labels? Most importantly, how can we make sure our youth are safe?
Though awareness about gender and orientation has dramatically increased, many youth still face violence, mental health challenges, and life threatening consequences when they don’t fit society’s traditional expectations. Through reflective conversation and exercises, participants in this course will examine their own experiences around gender, along with the latest research and exciting new perspectives.
Dive deep into the topic of “transgender” and gender transitioning, and explore ways to create safe environments that include all youth experiences. Expand your ability to think about gender, and discover how much there is still left to learn!
Who should take this course:
- Youth and families struggling to navigate concerns around gender, gender transitioning, or orientation
- Educators seeking knowledge on how to accommodate gender transitioning students in their classrooms
- Healthcare professionals who want to speak accurately and powerfully about gender and orientation when interacting with patients whose experiences transcend binary expectations
- Business leaders who wish to adopt policies, practices, and terminology around gender and orientation that is truly inclusive
- Faith leaders seeking research-based knowledge to support them in fielding concerns among community members related to gender and orientation
To get notified of our next course dates, subscribe to our list.