Upcoming Dates & Registration Fees:
Please contact us via email for future dates, etc.
More and more young people are openly identifying and expressing themselves with diverse experiences of gender and sexual orientation. How can we ensure all young people feel included and safe? Join us for an interactive session to discuss growing awareness, and learn practical tools, best practices, and strategies for creating caring communities and school environments that welcome all youth experiences.
Though awareness about gender and orientation has dramatically increased, many youth still face violence, mental health challenges, and life-threatening consequences when they don’t fit society’s traditional expectations. Through reflective conversation and exercises, participants in this course will examine their own experiences around gender, along with the latest research and exciting new perspectives.
Dive deep into the topic of “transgender” and gender transitioning, and explore ways to create safe environments that include all youth experiences. Expand your ability to think about gender, and discover how much there is still left to learn!
Who should take this course:
- Youth and families struggling to navigate concerns around gender, gender transitioning, or orientation
- Educators seeking knowledge on how to accommodate gender transitioning students in their classrooms
- Healthcare professionals who want to speak accurately and powerfully about gender and orientation when interacting with patients whose experiences transcend binary expectations
- Business leaders who wish to adopt policies, practices, and terminology around gender and orientation that is truly inclusive
- Faith leaders seeking research-based knowledge to support them in fielding concerns among community members related to gender and orientation
To get notified of our next course dates, subscribe to our list.