Upcoming Dates & Registration Fees:
October 26, 2018
8:30am - 4:30pm
Adults - $170
Students - $110
Mental Health and Nursing Licensed Professionals - $220 for 8 CE Units
Florida Certification Board License Holders - $170 for 8 CE Units
This course examines the phenomenon of “bullying” through the lens of communication. Children who are bullied are more likely to drop out of school, have lower academic achievement, and are at greater risk of experiencing anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideology—effects that can persist into adulthood. Children who report using bullying behaviors are over three times as likely to have multiple criminal convictions by their early twenties.
What is being communicated by those labeled “bully” and “victim”? How do we respond? Can our responses become more effective if our listening is more attuned to the communication being delivered?
Participants have the opportunity to redefine the context around bullying, shifting the focus from reacting to examining and addressing bullying at its source. This course includes leading research by top bullying experts in the U.S., and first-hand narratives from those personal impacted. You will leave this course with a new paradigm for bullying that can open a pathway toward win/win lasting solutions, not quick fixes. You will also have access to engaging local community resources on bullying prevention.
Who should take this course:
- Educators who feel unprepared to effectively address bullying behaviors in school environments
- Youth and families directly impacted by bullying behaviors
- Business leaders seeking solutions for bullying behaviors and harassment in the workplace
- Healthcare professionals who serve patients dealing with negative consequences linked to verbal harassment or physical violence
- Faith leaders struggling to address behaviors that leave some community members isolated or shut out
To get notified of our next course dates, subscribe to our list.