Code of Ethics
- To value the worth and dignity of every person and treat every person with respect.
- To honor the privilege of any confidentiality given to them or made accessible to them through their participation with YES Institute.
- To sustain the highest ethical conduct and integrity in all interactions with both youth and adults.
- To distinguish between personal values and beliefs and the goals and objectives of YES Institute when representing YES Institute.
- To consult with YES Institute staff or board members when concerned about the quality of programs, services, or operations related to YES Institute.
- To act in accordance with the goals of reconciliation and to refrain from responding with anger, hostility, or with behavior not representative of the mission of YES Institute.
- To refrain from any physical or emotional interaction between youth and adults that is sexual or romantic in intent or appearance.
- To uphold a commitment to the complete welfare and total well-being of every youth, including abstinence of underage drinking and use of controlled substances.
YES Institute agrees to and will be accountable for:
- Serving all people equally and having no basis for discrimination.
- Creating opportunities that allow our community to fully participate in actively making a difference in the lives of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and heterosexual youth.
- Providing services and information consistent with the mission and goals of YES Institute.