- Evaluate the personal and business costs associated with workplace climates where “looking good” is emphasized above truth-telling and development.
- Review the business advantages of equity and inclusion.
- Recognize the value of ongoing, regular feedback among team members at all levels of your organization.
- Critically examine patterns of inequity within the workforce, and the limits of typical reactions to addressing those inequities.
- Assess the limits of approaching “diversity” as merely a numbers game.
- Identify structural barriers within your organization that may thwart efforts to reduce or eliminate bias.
- Redefine “leadership” to discover lasting win/win solutions rather than merely reacting to conflicts within a context of retribution.
- Apply fundamental principles of effective leadership that invite engagement, accountability, connection, teamwork, and development.
- Utilize an opportunity to create action plans at the interpersonal and/or institutional levels of your organization.