When you read through the bios and personal experience of our dedicated staff and board members, you’ll quickly notice one thing: many of the people who run YES Institute started as volunteers.
Volunteers Who Assist Program
Yes Institute’s extraordinary volunteers allow us to keep pace with the rising demand for our work. Our Volunteers Who Assist program provides volunteers with:
- Ongoing training and development to increase your abilities as a powerful communicator, one who can touch hearts and inspire others to take action.
- Immersion in the latest community-based research and critical thinking on gender and orientation.
- An experience of co-creating powerful learning environments where people with diverse backgrounds and experiences can find shared understanding.
Many volunteers choose to become a speaker or facilitator as a part of our Community Dialogues team. As a speaker or facilitator, you will receive additional development to use your voice powerfully to share about the impact of gender and orientation during Community Dialogues.
Volunteers choose how they want to participate and the time commitment they would like to give.
Among the volunteer opportunities at YES, you could:
- Become a speaker or facilitator as part of our Community Dialogues team.
- Translate educational materials between English and Spanish.
- Provide office support with data entry, records management, and outreach phone calls.
- Assist with the setup and production of community dialogues and courses.
- Create content for our blog and social media channels.
- Dream Big! Whatever you can dream of that contributes to our work and the communities we serve.
How to Become a Volunteer
Step 1: All participants in our Volunteers Who Assist Program must first complete our Communication Solutions™ course to experience and learn YES Institute’s powerful model of communication, which is the foundation of all of our work.
Step 2: Fill out the form below to learn more about how you can contribute to YES Institute while growing professionally and personally, today.