October 14, 2017 9am - 5pm
January 12, 2018 9am - 5pm
March 3, 2018 9am - 5pm
May 19, 2018
Gender is at the very core of our being and relationships—the starting point of who we are, who we think we are, and who we and others think we should be. The Gender Continuum course deconstructs the concept of gender as binary and offers new views that expand our ability to think about gender. Information and education about transgender youth is the most urgent and needed request today from schools, parents, and other organizations. Upon taking this course, you will be equipped with the tools you need to to create action plans for youth and families impacted by these topics at the interpersonal and/or institutional levels of your organization.
Further, you will leave this course with an understanding of the major social movements of the last century that have rapidly defined expectations for femininity and masculinity in our society, able to address fears and misconceptions that lead to adverse outcomes for youth and adults impacted by gender and orientation, and more. Perhaps the most direct impact you can make after taking the gender continuum course is this: you can identify actions to create caring environments that accommodate all young peoples’ experience around gender and orientation. Go here for a full list of learning objectives for the Gender Continuum course.
Who should take this course:
- Youth and families struggling to navigate concerns around gender or gender transitioning
- Educators seeking knowledge on the topic of “transgender” and how to accommodate gender transitioning students in their classrooms
- Healthcare professionals with questions about patient experiences that transcend binary expectations of bodies and gender
- Business leaders navigating concerns around gender transitioning in the workplace
- Faith leaders with questions or concerns around community members expressing gender in unfamiliar or unexpected ways
To get notified of our next course dates, subscribe to our list.
Communication Solutions™ | Gender Continuum | Deciphering Orientation | Being & Belonging | Masculinity Distinguished | A Communication Called Bullying | Leadership in Action™