Upcoming Dates & Registration Fees:
Call the office for future dates.
Adults - $170
Students - $100
Mental Health and Nursing Licensed Professionals - $220 for 8 CE Units
Florida Certification Board License Holders - $170 for 8 CE Units
This course delves into the many ways youth may feel they do not belong and the impact this has on physical and mental well-being. Consequences of feelings such as rejection, self-injurious behaviors, violence and suicide, are explored and highlighted. Participants will gain access to generating powerful dialogue and create action plans for prevention. The main purpose of this course is to to reveal the critical impact of gender and orientation on healthy development of youth.
During this course, you will be able to clarify distinctions between the body, gender, and orientation, and identify ways these separate aspects of experience relate to one another. You will begin go observe the rules by which society determines membership and note the consequences of not belonging. You will examine research and videos addressing gender and orientation through the lens of being and belonging. Review the latest research on “cutting” trends and other self-harming behaviors among distressed youth and determine appropriate ways to respond. Additionally, become well-versed in the latest and emerging research on student bullying and what is necessary for schools and communities to intervene. Finally, you will leave the Being & Belonging class able to create action plans for youth and families impacted by these topics at the interpersonal and/or institutional levels of your organization. Go here for a full list of learning objectives for Being & Belonging.
Who should take this course:
- Youth and families confronting painful challenges related to peer rejection and social stigmas
- Medical and mental health professionals seeking research-based knowledge on factors contributing to self-injurious behaviors and adverse mental health outcomes in youth
- Business leaders committed to creating inclusive workplace environments that allow all team members to thrive
- Faith leaders who face challenges keeping their communities whole and connected
- Educators seeking solutions for addressing harmful behaviors among students
To get notified of our next course dates, subscribe to our list.
Communication Solutions™ | Gender Continuum | Deciphering Orientation | Being & Belonging
Masculinity Distinguished | A Communication Called Bullying | Leadership in Action™ | Achieving Success in the Workplace