Upcoming Dates & Registration Fees:
October 26, 2018
8am - 12pm
Adults - $120
Students - $80
Mental Health and Nursing Licensed Professionals - $160 for 4 CE Units
Florida Certification Board License Holders - $120 for 4 CE Units
This course is an examination of the phenomenon of “bullying” viewed through the lens of communication. Children who are bullied are more likely to avoid school, more likely to drop out, and have lower academic achievement, including lower achievement in math and reading. Children who report using bullying behaviors are over three times as likely to have multiple criminal convictions by their early twenties.
What is being communicated by the bully, the victim, the bystanders, and the helpless overseers charged with stopping behaviors no one has any solutions for? What do we hear? Does what we hear affect how we respond? Can our responses become more effective if our listening is more attuned to the communication being delivered?
These and other questions are explored. Participants have the opportunity to redefine the context around bullying, shifting the focus from reacting to examining and addressing bullying at its source. This course includes leading research by top bullying experts in the US. You will leave this course redefining the context of bullying in order to respond to win / win lasting solutions; not quick fixes. And you will have access and engage local community resources on bullying prevention. Go here to view the Learning Objectives for A Communication Called Bullying.
Who should take this course:
- Educators who feel unprepared to effectively address bullying behaviors in school environments
- Youth and families directly impacted by bullying behaviors
- Business leaders seeking solutions for bullying behaviors and harassment in the workplace
- Healthcare professionals who serve patients dealing with negative consequences linked to verbal harassment or physical violence
- Faith leaders struggling to address behaviors that leave some community members isolated or shut out
To get notified of our next course dates, subscribe to our list.