- Further clarify distinctions between the body, gender, and orientation, and identify ways these separate aspects of experience relate to one another.
- Examine research and videos addressing gender and orientation through the lens of being and belonging.
- Review Maslow’s Hierarchy through the concepts of being and belonging.
- Critically examine what is at the core level of “being” in the human experience.
- Review the latest research on “cutting” trends and other self-harming behaviors among distressed youth and appropriate ways to respond.
- Review emerging research on student bullying and what is necessary for schools and communities to successfully intervene.
- Observe the rules by which we determine membership and note the consequences of not belonging.
- Utilize an opportunity to create action plans for youth and families impacted by these topics at the interpersonal and/or institutional levels of your organization.
Return to the Being & Belonging course description.